Operations SupervisorBrampton, Canada
Waste Connections of Canada is looking for a full-timeOperations/Route Supervisor. We are looking for a SAFETY inclined, energetic, independent thinker, and a proactive Servant Leader capable of making, and creating change using our 5 core values. OurBrampton - Peel District, has an immediate opening for anOperations/Route Supervisorto lead a team of Residential Drivers within an overall group of 4 Supervisors. The Operations/Route Supervisor will have approx. 15 - 20 Driver/Loaders under their direct supervision, and will oversee 15 - 18 routes in the Peel Residential collection contract. The Supervisor will also assist the Operations Manager with daily route scheduling.
Previous experience managing a group of Drivers is required.
Operations/Route Supervisor is responsible for managing the Residential Drivers within their assigned line of business. The Operations/Route Supervisor ensures that Residential Collections operations are running safely by performing driver observations and monthly safety meetings. This is a leadership role in our collections unit. The key responsibilities will be to ensure that our #1 value – safety, will be your focus at all times; also that Waste Connections is meeting, or exceeding the requirements of the collection contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that Drivers completing daily collections safety.
- Assists Maintenance staff on truck issues from drivers, and checks on VCR’s when requested.
- Plans and monitors employee schedules and route scheduling including regular communication throughout the day until all routes are completed.
- Assists other Supervisors with collection issues on other LOBs.
- Performance Management of employees through the progressive discipline process.
- Conducts accident investigations including scene management, first accident report and assist with final analysis of the root cause and preventative measures. Maintaining adherence to company safety policies and MTO regulations.
- Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
- Works closely with Region Inspectors to ensure service issues or missed pickups are reported and resolved.
- Additional requirements as requested by Operations or District Managers.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years managing Drivers in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of OSHA, MOL, and MOE guidelines.
- Knowledge using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly accountable and able to prioritize tasks.
- Minimum DZ Driver’s License.
- ·Prior waste collection experience is an asset.
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining and serving in a team environment with colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. Our compensation package is competitive, and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, RRSP plans. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.